This position is accountable for the planning, development, implementation and maintenance of the Quality Plan, QA/QC project management and supporting technical staff.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining records relating to inspection and testing data, and applying quality assurance/control procedures
- Develop working relationship with customers, both internal and external, in order to ensure customer needs are addressed
- Develop quality reports, post construction reports, and detailed progress reports
- Assure that all materials, workmanship, and construction are in full compliance with the contract plans and specifications
- Require that defective work or materials be corrected or removed until made compliant
- Manage the quality organization to control the quality of products, using a variety of testing devices and procedures to maintain product quality and minimize cost
- Lead quality staff to perform required inspection and testing of construction elements both on-site and at fabrication sites
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality activities
- Set up practices to monitor and control quality; however, other factors must be considered, such as effectiveness, cost, and productivity
- Apply substantive expertise during pre-bid, construction, and post construction phases of a project by working with plants/materials, construction, and estimating teams to ensure quality standards and project profitability are achieved
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by division and corporate management. Travel as required to attend, but not limited to, meetings, site visits, training, etc.
Skills and Abilities
- Problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Effective listening skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction or Engineering or related field required
- 5-7 years of experience required
- Professional Engineer license
- Travel will be required to attend training and meetings.
- Ability to sit or stand for entire shift
- Occasionally requited to stoop, bend, walk, crouch, and climb.
- Ability to lift, on a frequent basis, at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to speak, write, and understand English clearly.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.