Our co-op and intern program offers eligible college students an opportunity to alternate sessions of work and school with the added benefit of graduating with relevant work experience. Working on a variety of projects allows exposure to the many facets of large-scale shop fabrication and machining while providing invaluable leadership experience.
- This position provides hands-on experience and training combined with exposure to both technical and administrative duties.
- This is an onsite “in-person” internship. We suggest not being enrolled in classes during this time, but you must be enrolled in a university.
- FULL TIME 45+ hours a week IN PERSON AT THE FABRICATION FACILITY
This opportunity will last from approximately January through May and September through December 2022 (flexible on the start date and end dates, but we require 14 to 16 weeks at the internship).
Typical responsibilities require applying critical engineering and management thinking which includes: estimating, scheduling, compliance review, procurement, quality control, production tracking, change order preparation, material testing and analysis, and cost report management. We are seeking professionals who are committed to safety, quality, and productivity.
- Application of critical engineering and management thinking
- Assisting with development and implementation of safety plans and audits
- Participation in quality audits, quality assurance reviews material testing and analysis
- Inventory checks and cost analyses
- Change order preparations
- Production tracking and scheduling
- Assisting with the preparation and management of shop drawings, estimates and procurement
- Maintaining files and records, copying, and scanning
- Assuming additional responsibilities as directed by management
Skills & Qualifications:
- Candidate must be currently enrolled fulltime in Mechanical or Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Construction Engineering & Management, or other related program at the time of their internship, as well as having completed their sophomore year
- Candidates should possess leadership potential, be problem-solvers, and be able to make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- AutoCAD experience preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use their hands and fingers to handle, feel objects, tools, or manipulate controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and fabrication equipment; and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock where employee must utilize the proper personal protective equipment and/or other safeguards for their protection. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.