The Business Development and Proposal Manager will lead the business development efforts to support Triad’s Business Plan. This individual will be tasked with managing and driving the business development activities to reach and establish relationships with high-level clients and stakeholders. This position will also oversee and provide leadership management of proposals for projects. This position will be an integral participant in developing operational risk assessments for projects being considered for bids.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Research and document the various regional markets that TIG serves
- Identify, research, and document potential clients
- Identify, evaluate, and document potential opportunities
- Track, manage, prioritize, and develop win strategies for potential opportunities, ensuring they meet Triad’s objectives and targets
- Actively participate and assist with Qualifications and Proposals development
- Actively participate and assist with internal processes and approvals as necessary for bidding
- Think outside the box to offer clients new approaches, ideas, and strategies suited to Triad’s strengths
- Independently coordinate estimates for large projects.
- Assign resources to a pursuit
- Provide management oversight, review, and evaluation of multiple estimates and proposals at various stages of completion
- Provide project management of projects as assigned by senior management
- Manage the proposal process, if necessary
- Assist in the determination of jobs to bid.
- Develop new opportunity white papers which include: win strategy, risk assessment, potential advantages/disadvantages, and competition review.
- Ensure that Triad’s estimating processes and procedures are followed correctly and consistently.
- Supervise, direct, and mentor estimating staff to ensure individual development and Triad’s standards are met.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customer
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office –Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given prescribed routines, and standard practices
- College degree in engineering and/or construction management degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of Senior Estimating role projects varying in size, scope, and alternative delivery methods.
- 7 years of Business Development experience preferred
- Travel will be required to attend training and meetings.
- Ability to sit or stand for an entire shift
- Occasionally required to stoop, bend, walk, crouch, and climb.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Work in a fabrication shop environment.
- Ability to speak, write, and understand English clearly.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.